Monday, July 9, 2018

LCCT Important Update 6.9.18

Greetings Everyone!

NOTE - PLEASE READ! YOU’LL BE GLAD YOU DID!

On September 18, 2017, a small group of individuals met at the Holiday Inn Express in Tullahoma to seek God’s will and direction regarding a potential new church plant. At the end of the meeting, the group was called to pray and seek God’s direction concerning this potential new church. On October 21, 2017 the group felt God’s leading them to plant a new church in Tullahoma, and Life Change Church was born!

The church met three times during the month of November, primarily on Saturdays. The exception was Tuesday, November 21st which was to be our last gathering for the month. It was a special service of Thanksgiving and Worship leading up to Thanksgiving. That same Tuesday, I (your pastor) fell and completely broke my wrist and had to have emergency surgery. The service went on without the pastor and the room was full! What happened that night is what has been happening since day one; God and God alone was building His church!

In the coming days and weeks God’s plan for LCCT became more evident and clear as He put an opportunity before us to relocate in a more permanent place at 414 Wilson Avenue Suite 121. Over the past seven months the church has seen many new faces, more and more consistent attendees, and has shared the love of Christ in both Word and deed. Since day one, God has been building His church one person at a time and He continues to work week in and week out in and through YOU The Church! We have seen growth throughout the summer and our worship through giving has seen an increase as well. Again, God is building His Church!

Last night as I stood in the Banquet Hall watching the Dorrell family, and gazed upon a room full of kids of all ages, God spoke to me and told me to go to Dan Marcum (the owner of our building) and let him know that I was praying that God would give us the ability to take over the entire banquet Hall. THE ENTIRE BANQUET HALL!! Now, it’s important for you to know that there have been two businesses vying for that very space. However, neither business has been able to make things happen in order to take over the space. If we were to move in the banquet hall we would acquire about 10,000 square feet of worship space, kids space, and office space. We would in time transition out of our current space, at least for now…So… I am praying, and I am asking you to pray that God would give us that space! The whole thing! Honestly, I cannot say at this very moment that our taking over that space is “God’s Will” for us, or if God is simply wanting to see if I will do what He has asked me to do? But here’s the thing… I did it what He asked me to do! And now praying for God’s direction in this, and asking for you to pray as well.

Will you please commit to pray about this with me? Will you pray that of this is God’s will that He would provide the capital (money) we need to make this happen? Would you pray that God would make our path clear and our path straight?

I even went as far as telling Dan Marcum that I have been praying that God wouldn’t allow anyone else to secure the space if it was God's will for us to have it. I can tell you that the Marcum’s are very interested. And I can also tell you that they have a heart for our church and the people in this town. Pray too that God makes His will clear to them.

The bottom line is that we are growing! What a blessing!! And I truly believe that once summer is over and school resumes, we are going to run out of space in our current location very quickly (we are already almost at this point). I also do not believe that the answer is to add a second service in our current location as this would split up our fellowship (it would be one thing if we had a space that held 200 people or more). I know God has a plan and I truly believe He has been revealing His plan to me over the past several weeks. More than anything we don’t want to be ahead nor behind when it comes to His plans… Rather, we want to be right in the midst of them!

So again, will you pray with me regarding this? Will you make it a priority? I pray that you do! I know when God’s people pray that He hears us, and He will answer and provide EVERYTHING we need!!

Be the Church!

Pastor Christian Watts
Life Change Church Tullahoma
414 Wilson Ave. Suite 121
www.lifechangetullahoma.org
Church Office: (931) 563-5544
After Hours/Text: (931) 321-0900
FB: @LifeChangeChurchTullahoma

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

Life Change Church Update 7.2.2022!

  Hello Life Change Friends and Family! This Sunday, July 3rd we will only have one worship gathering at 9:00.  We will not gather for wors...